If you aren’t using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies on your businesses websites, blogs, and social media pages, your marketing messages may be lost in space. SEO is one of the most effective ways to guarantee customers find your business and buy your products.
Keeping up with the constant changes in SEO strategy is challenging, but members of the Forbes Agency Council recently shared topline SEO trends that can impact how you do business in 2018.
- Secure Links (SSL) | Google mentioned a couple years ago that secured website certificates (SSL) were beginning to impact website ratings. Recently, browsers such as Chrome are flagging sites that don’t begin with HTTPS as risky or unsafe. For $39/year, this is an inexpensive and easy way to secure your rankings.
- Searcher Intent | Google’s priority to match search results to the searcher’s intent will create a huge impact on how we think about SEO. It’ll take thinking beyond keywords and traditional ranking factors to understand the content that search engines deem relevant.
- Video SEO | YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. A study done by Cisco said that by 2021, video would account for 82% of all consumer Internet traffic. With video looking to surpass all other forms of content in the next few years, getting your brand in front of future prospects could depend on whether or not you are creating original video.
- SEO-Rich, Long-Form Content | 2018 will see the rise of long-form content. Content pages of 1,500 words or more are performing better in search engine rankings and drawing more organic traffic than shorter ones. Studies show users stay longer on these pages and that they receive more backlinks and social shares. Evergreen topics and high-quality writing is the key to SEO success.
- Site Speed | It’s official. Google has announced that site speed is a ranking factor for websites as user demand for fast results is ever increasing. Site speed also drives higher rates of conversion making it an investment in your business as well as your bank account.
Interested in incorporating the latest SEO trends into your digital marketing strategy? Contact us.